What to Bring
Each client using VITA’s services MUST bring the following items to the clinic in order to process tax returns.
- Photo ID (ex: Driver License)
- Original or copies of Social Security cards and birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents (if you do not have a social security card, please bring your Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers or we can obtain one for you if you have not applied for one in prior years)
- Wage and earning statement(s): Form W-2, W-2G
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (All Form 1099’s)
- Date acquired, cost, date sold, and selling price for stock sales
- For Day Care: Provider’s identifying number, phone number, and amount paid for care
- For Renters: Name,address and phone number of landlord
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit (encouraged)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Health insurance coverage information
- All other current tax documents/forms including relevant income/expense information
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security number. In addition, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms to electronically file a joint return.