Cal Poly

Orfalea College of Business

What to Bring

Each client using VITA’s services MUST bring the following items to the clinic in order to process tax returns.

  • Photo ID (ex: Driver License)
  • Original Social Security cards and birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents (if you do not have a social security card, please bring your Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers or we can obtain one for you if you have not applied for one in prior years)
  • Wage and earning statement(s): Form W-2, W-2G
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (All Form 1099’s)
  • Date acquired, cost, date sold, and selling price for stock sales
  • For Day Care: Provider’s identifying number, phone number, and amount paid for care
  • For Renters: Name, address and phone number of landlord
  • Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit (encouraged)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
  • Health insurance coverage information
  • Covered CA Form 1095-A
  • All other current tax documents/forms including relevant income/expense information

It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security number. In addition, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms to electronically file a joint return.

Recent News

More news


Our Stories

Cal Poly Business Magazine

See More


sample image snippet

Support Learn by Doing