For those students interested in looking for internships/co-ops, please see OCOB Career Readiness Center & Career Services for more information and browse Mustang Jobs. You can also visit your concentration department on the fourth floor of the Orfalea College of Business, Building 03, for information specific to your concentration.
Steps to Enroll in BUS 430 for Spring 2021
Deadline to apply is March 14th, 2021
- Step 1 – Download and complete the Internship Contract, including the necessary Employer signatures. To utilize electronic Fill & Sign features, open with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
- Step 2 – Complete the Internship Application, attaching your signed Internship Contact & a PDF of your job description. The deadline to submit your application is March 14th, 2020. Physical or emailed copies of the Internship Contract will not be accepted.
- WE DO NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS FOR LATE APPLICATIONS
- Step 3 – On March 15th, 2021, your Internship Application will be submitted to your concentration Area Chair for Concentration Elective approval:
- If your Internship application is approved, you will be deemed eligible to enroll in BUS 430 and apply this 4-unit course towards your Concentration Elective Degree Requirement.
- If your Internship Application is denied, you may still be eligible to enroll in BUS 430, but the course will apply towards your Free Elective units rather than a specific degree requirement.
- NOTE: If you are declared as a Marketing Management concentration and your Internship Application is denied, you will not be eligible to enroll in BUS 430.
- Step 4 – Upon approval, you will be contacted via your Cal Poly email with course enrollment instructions, including a permission number that will allow you to enroll. Students are responsible for adding the course before the add/drop deadline to guarantee enrollment. The add/drop deadline is April 8th, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
NOTE: Students should plan to enroll in BUS 430 during OPEN ENROLLMENT, not during first or second round enrollment.
Once enrolled in BUS 430, you will be added to the course Canvas through which you will submit the necessary assignments.
March 14 at 11:59 PM – Deadline to Apply
April 8th – Add/Drop Deadline
March 29th – Start of Spring Quarter
June 4th – Last day of Instruction
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I get credit for BUS 430?
A: BUS 430 a Credit/No Credit course. In order to receive credit, you will need to complete one progress report and one final report. Your employer will also need to complete a survey verifying your hours worked.
Q: Is there a cost to enroll in BUS 430 during the academic year?
A: During Fall, Winter, & Spring, BUS 430 costs the same as other 4 unit courses at Cal Poly whether you take it for a concentration elective or free electives.
Q: How many units do I receive for completing BUS 430?
A: In order to receive 4 units of academic credit, you will need to complete at least 120 internship hours during the quarter. You cannot bank hours worked outside of Fall Quarter to add to your total internship hours. Your employer will verify your hours worked at the end of your internship.
Q: Will BUS 430 count towards my concentration electives?
A: Once you submit your Internship Application, your Concentration Area Chair will review your application and either approve or deny your request to apply BUS 430 towards your Concentration electives.
Q: What happens after I enroll?
A: Once you have enrolled, you will be added to the BUS 430 Canvas, which will provide details and next steps.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to Orfalea Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Orfalea Student Services.
Phone: (805) 756-2601