- Ability to graduate within 4 years of start date at Cal Poly.
- 2.3 Overall Cal Poly SLO GPA
STEP 1: RESEARCH
*** DUE TO COVID 19, TOURS ARE NOT TAKING PLACE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Interested in taking an ITP Lab Tour before submitting a COM Inquiry form? ITP Lab Tours meet at Orfalea College of Business Student Services office located in building 3, room 100. If you want to set up a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Chelsea Kidwell at email@example.com the date that you wish to complete the tour. Please email 72 hours in advance. We will email you a confirmation with the location.
Tuesdays at 11:10 AM
STEP 2: COMPLETE INQUIRY FORM IN STUDENT PORTAL & 4 YEAR PLAN
- Complete the COM Inquiry Form through My Cal Poly Portal.
- Log onto your Cal Poly Portal.
- Click on the ACADEMICS tab.
- Click on the “Change of Major” link on the bottom right of the page.
Note: Change of Major Portlet will be closed to new inquiries during Winter break, beginning Friday, December 3, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. and will re-open for inquiry form submissions on January 3, 2021.
STEP 3: 4 YEAR PLAN
- If you meet GPA eligibility requirements, you will receive an email invitation from the department within 10 business days to submit a 4-Year Plan directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before submitting, please check all pre-requisites and tentative course offerings to ensure accuracy.
Instructions for 4 Year Plan:
1) Please list GE Areas as opposed to courses.
- For example, write C1 instead of ENGL 241
2) Please list the tentative course offerings (found on the Course Catalog) for ITP courses next to the name of the course.
- For example, ITP 303 (F, W, Sp, Su)
3) Please complete your 4 year plan based off of the 17-19 Catalog
4) See the checklists below to ensure you have all the courses.
- There is one checklist for the Packaging concentration and another for the Industrial Technology concentration
5) Please use all the resources linked below to ensure an accurate 4 year plan.
STEP 4: DECISION
- Orfalea Student Services will review the feasibility of your submitted 4-Year Plan. If you meet all eligibility requirements, you will receive an invitation via email to set up a Lab Tour and an appointment with a COM Peer Advisor. During the appointment you will set up your Individualized Change of Major Agreement (ICMA).
- If you are ineligible, you will receive an email response from the department within 10 business days informing you of your ineligibility. The email will specify which criteria you did not meet.