The Orfalea College of Business wants to maximize the likelihood of student success. We require convincing evidence from our change of major applicants that they will thrive in our curriculum. The application process is a fair process by which available spaces are filled by the most qualified students.
- Review Cal Poly’s General Change of Major Policy in full.
- Transfers are NOT eligible to change majors into the Orfalea College of Business. If you are a Transfer Student or if you are NOT eligible to change your major, CLICK HERE to view available options.
- Students must complete at least one quarter at Cal Poly before being eligible to enter into an Individualized Change of Major Agreement (ICMA).
- Students who enter into a change of major agreement and do not complete the agreement’s requirements, either by failing to complete the terms or by opting out due to a change of plan or interest, will not be eligible to request the same major in their career at Cal Poly.
- Students must be able to graduate within 4 years of a realistic quarter-by-quarter graduation plan may be required to demonstrate whether this is feasible.