Virtual Academic Advising for Winter Quarter 2021
Orfalea College of Business Student Services has adapted to a virtual advising structure across Winter Quarter to ensure that current students have the full support that they need in order ensure the timeline to degree completion is not compromised. We are utilizing virtual advising through email, phone, and Zoom.
NOTE: Prospective students, if you have been newly admitted to Cal Poly and have questions about transfer credit or the next steps in your admissions process, please contact the Admissions Office at 805-756-2311.
Virtual Office Hours of Operation for Winter Quarter 2021
Note: Our office will be CLOSED and we will not be offering our usual services on Monday, January 18th in observance of Martin Luther King Day. Tuesday (January 19th) will follow a typical Monday schedule.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 AM–3:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM–3:00 PM
Phone: 805-756 – 2601
(accepting voicemails only)
Building 03, Room 100
Peer Advising Appointments and Virtual Office Hours
Winter Quarter Virtual Office Hours via Zoom MWThF – 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM; T 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM:
Click on the button below and interact virtually with a Peer Advisor to get quick answers to your advising related questions or time sensitive concerns. For academic advising including degree progress, graduation plan, etc., please schedule an appointment. For current Cal Poly/OCOB students only.
Note: NO DROP-INS on Monday (1/18).
Are you a first-time freshman?
You will meet with the professional advisors in the Mustang Success Center throughout your freshman year. We look forward to working with you in your second year, on through to graduation and the culmination of your degree, and beyond.
Appointment via Zoom:
Meet with a Peer Advisor for curriculum advising, senior graduation checks, graduation plans, study abroad and double concentration.
Note: Our office will be closed and we will not be taking any appointments on Monday (1/18).
Additional Virtual Support Available Via The Following:
- Email us, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Please ensure you are contacting us from your Cal Poly email, including your EMPL ID, and clearly stating your inquiry, question, and/or issue
- We are checking our email during our virtual hours of operation.
- Virtual Drop-In with Academic Advisor via Zoom:
- Monday-Thursday, 11am-12pm (NO DROP-INS on Monday 1/18)
- Click on the button below and interact virtually with an academic advisor to get quick answers to your advising related questions or time sensitive concerns. For academic advising including degree progress, graduation plan, etc., please schedule an appointment. For current Cal Poly/OCOB students only.
- Schedule an appointment with one of our two professional staff members. Scroll down to Professional Advising to learn which advisor you should contact for your specific questions.
Professional Academic Advisors are available to provide in-depth personal counseling for sensitive, critical, or academic concerns. For current Cal Poly students only.
Academic Advisor/Coordinator, MBP
805-756-1753 | 03-100
- Peer Advising Program
- Multicultural Business Program
- Sensitive Student Concerns
- Enrollment Management
- Marketing / Communications / Student Newsletter
- PolyCultural Wknd
Click here to schedule an appointment with Yovani.
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Academic Probation Disqualification Process/Readmitted students
- Sensitive Student Concerns
- Transfer Student Programs & Support
- Cal Poly Scholars (academic)
- Change of Major Process
- Study Abroad Initiatives
- Intl. Student Support, OCOB Exchanges, and OCOB Travel Grant
Click here to schedule an appointment with Chelsea.