Graduate Programs Commencement: Friday, June 16, 2017
The Orfalea College of Business’ Graduate Programs will celebrate commencement during a private ceremony on Friday, June 16, 4-6pm at the Performing Arts Center for accounting, economics and MBA graduates.
For ticket information, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (805) 756-2637.
All graduates will have their names read in a hooding ceremony. Following the ceremony, there will be light refreshments served in the lobby. Guests are welcome to take photos.
Orfalea graduate students should not attend the undergraduate ceremony.
Undergraduate Programs Commencement: Saturday, June 17, 2017
The Orfalea College of Business has announced its spring 2017 commencement schedule. The college will host a joint commencement ceremony for its undergraduate programs with the College of Liberal Arts on Saturday, June 17 at 9 a.m. in Alex G. Spanos Stadium.
All students will line up at 8:00 a.m. before the ceremony in the Business Building breezeway.
At the event, each graduate’s name will be read. There will be a commencement address during the program.
All Orfalea College of Business graduates and their supporters are invited to recess to the Breezeway after the ceremony for light refreshments and photos with faculty. The Orfalea College is not hosting any other college or department ceremonies that day.
View Cal Poly’s Commencement page for information regarding parking, attire, seating in Spanos Stadium, and more.
SPRING COMMENCEMENT DAY TIPS
Cal Poly has gathered the information you will need to have a safe and enjoyable commencement experience. Please read through our website to help you plan your visit and make the most of this memorable occasion.
- Commencement will last several hours. Please have consider a meal or snack before the event.
- Please dress comfortably and sensibly. There may be lengthy walks between venues. Campus terrain is hilly in some parts. Wear shoes that allow you to climb stairs and walk on various surfaces including asphalt, concrete, and grass.
- Weather varies. Please check the weather as the event approaches.
- Spring ceremonies are generally held outdoors. Bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Guests will receive water bottles when they enter the university-wide ceremony.
- Gates open one hour prior to the ceremonies. Graduate processional into the stadium will begin 20 minutes before the ceremony start time.
- Graduates are provided with (10) ten guest tickets. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Spanos Stadium is equipped with bleachers.
- Coordinate a place and time to meet your graduate after the ceremony that does not inhibit the flow of guests at venue entrances/exits.
- Be sure you have your tickets in hand before the ceremony.
- Ultimate Exposures provides professional photography services for commencement. Photos of the ceremony can be purchased from Ultimate Exposures online.
- Cal Poly events take place in smoke-free environments. Please plan accordingly.
- For the safety of your pets and all guests, we ask that you please leave your pets at home. Only service animals are permitted on campus during the commencement exercises.
- Alcohol, fireworks, glass bottles and weapons are prohibited.
- During the ceremony, medical personnel are located next to the main entrance.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS
From Los Angeles on Route 101 North
- Take the Morro Bay, Highway 41 exit.
- Turn right onto Toro.
- Turn right onto Walnut.
- Turn right onto Santa Rosa (California Highway 1).
- Turn right onto Highland, entering onto the Cal Poly campus.
From San Francisco on Route 101 South
- Take the Santa Rosa exit.
- Turn right onto Santa Rosa(California Highway 1).
- Turn right onto Highland, entering onto the Cal Poly campus.
GRADUATE AND GUEST PARKING
- Permits are NOT required to park on campus during commencement.
- General parking will be available in lots H1, H12, H14, and H16.
- Grand Ave. will be closed for move-out and California Blvd. will be closed for commencement. Guests will need to enter campus from Highland Drive.
- Ten (10) guest tickets are distributed to graduates via e-mail in April. Date is still TBD.
- Tickets are required for all guests attending the commencement ceremonies.
- Any child under the age of 3 does not need a ticket.
- Students are responsible for distributing tickets to their guest prior to the ceremony.
- Each ticket is unique and will be scanned before entrance into a ceremony.
- Duplicating tickets will result in some of your guests being turned away due to invalid tickets.
- Additional tickets will not be available for purchase. Students who do not use their ticket allocation are encouraged to share with others.
- Accessible parking is located in the Lot C-7 on California Boulevard off of Highland Drive and lot H-2.
- A disabled placard is required to park in accessible lots.
- Please click here for a map.
Accessible Drop-Off Point
- Guests with mobility impairments can be dropped off at a designated loading/unloading area on California Boulevard. It is located on California Boulevard at the Northwest corner of the stadium.
- California Boulevard can be accessed from the Hwy. 1/Highland Drive entrance to campus.
Accessible Shuttle Service
- Accessible shuttle service is provided for guests who are mobility impaired or disabled, and one companion.
- Shuttle services will take guests from the parking lots to the Main Commencement Ceremonies and to central areas of campus close to department and college events.
- Please note that there is a limited number of shuttles available for guests with mobility impairments.
- Click HERE for a map of the shuttle stops.
- All commencement venues are wheelchair accessible. Since there are significant distances between the venues, and our campus is very hilly, we encourage guests to bring a wheelchair with them.
- Mobility Equipment Rentals can be arranged prior to commencement day through the list of providers.
- Wheelchairs will also be available for guests to use throughout the weekend for no charge.
- Assisted listening devices are available for check out with a photo I.D. from the First Aid station. Advance reservations are not required.
- Sign Language interpreters will be located by the stage. Guests who require sign language services should contact the Cal Poly Disability Resource Center at 805-756-1395 in advance of commencement. Please allow as much notice as possible – ideally 2 weeks.
- Doors open one hour prior to the ceremonies.
- Guests may enter Spanos Stadium via the facility’s east and west entrances.
- Access for guests who are mobility impaired or disabled is provided through an entrance located at the southwest corner of the stadium.
- Guest seating is located in the stadium bleachers and in chairs on the stadium floor, which is a grassy field.
- Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Accessible seating for guests who are mobility impaired or disabled is located on both the east and west sides and south endzone.
- Accessible seating is provided for guests who are mobility impaired or disabled, and one companion.
- Accessible restrooms are located under the west side of the stadium. Accessible portable facilities are located at the four corners of the stadium.
- Medical personnel located on the south end of the stadium field will be available during the ceremony.
- Ultimate Exposures is Cal Poly’s official professional photography service for graduate photographs. Graduates receive an email message with a link to their images for purchase following the event.
- Guests are welcome to bring cameras to the ceremony.
- Live streaming of the ceremonies will be available. Please stay tuned for links to the live stream videos.