What is the Sales Minor?
Open to all majors, the Sales Minor will help students:
- Develop strong presentation skills and confidence
- Demonstrate skills with sales technology tools
- Practice hands-on sales skills
- Create important career building connections
- Prepare for prime sales internships and job opportunities
How to Apply:
- Submit your application
- Email your resume to Sales Minor Director Danielle Epstein at email@example.com
- Professor Epstein will then contact you for an interview
Preference will be given to students with strong academic performance and demonstrated interest in a possible sales career.
What are the requirements for the Sales Minor?
- 28 units, consisting of three required courses and four elective courses
- At least one-half of the minor units must be upper division courses
- A minimum of one-half of the coursework must be completed in residence
- Minor must be completed BEFORE or at the SAME TIME as the Major
- After admission to the Minor, students MUST maintain a 2.0 GPA in the Minor courses or be subject to dismissal from the Minor
What is the curriculum?
The three required courses are:
BUS 347 – Professional Selling Skills
BUS 348 – Technology-based Professional Sales
BUS 466 – Sales Practicum
The four electives may be selected from the list found on this document:
Required & Elective Courses
What kind of careers will this minor support?
Careers in sales are projected to grow by five percent from 2014 to 2024, creating 778,000 new jobs. General job possibilities include sales associates, sales development representatives, account executives, account managers, and sales operations.
Contact Sales Minor Director Danielle Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org