A glimpse into the goings on at the Orfalea College of Business.
1. Industrial technology and packaging students win the Viewers’ Choice Award for their structure in Cal Poly’s Design Village.
2. Information systems and accounting alumnus Ty Lee, vice president of the Americas for Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Care, works with students as an Executive in Residence.
3. Cal Poly finance and agribusiness students win the local Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute Research Challenge for the third year in a row.
4. EY’s Americas Director of Inclusiveness Recruiting Ken Bouyer talks about inclusive leadership in the Business Silo.
5. Orfalea College of Business students Jimmy Phung, Janel Takeda, Reese Woodard and Elaine Cohen join President Jeffrey Armstrong at the State Capitol.
6. Members of co-ed business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi attend Orfalea’s Leadership Beyond the Resume conference on diversity and inclusion.
7. Marketing student Michelle Renolayan visits the Berlin Wall while studying abroad.
8. Russ Bik (B.S., Industrial Technology, 1970) talks to entrepreneurship students about leading Sun Microsystems in its early days.
9. Industrial technology and packaging student Jeffrey Norton uses the new Haas mill in Orfalea’s metal’s lab while manufacturing parts for his senior project.
10. Accounting graduate Jose Paolo Dela Cruz celebrates fall commencement with his mother, Rita.
11. Alumna Joanne Smith, executive vice president of Delta, visits campus as an Executive in Residence to speak with Cal Poly’s Women in Business club.
12. Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic students and faculty assist clients at the United States Tax Court’s Calendar Call in January 2016.