A glimpse into the goings on at the Orfalea College of Business.
1. Business freshman Katie White takes the stage at the Ray Scherr pitch competition and wins the Audience Choice Award.
2. Finance students tour Bay Area investment banks with alumni and Finance area Chair Cyrus Ramezani.
3. Janice O’Dell (B.S, Accounting, 1986, MBA, 1987), the CFO of IQMS Manufacturing, speaks alongside fellow Cal Poly business alumni during a career readiness panel.
4. Greenhill & Co. Managing Director Rich Jacobsen (B.S., Finance, 1985) walks finance students through a mergers and acquisitions case study.
5. Business students Alec Toppenberg, Melanie Tsoi, Nathan Miner, Emily Wong and Kenton Assadi represent Cal Poly in the Ernst & Young Beam Abroad Case Competition in Los Angeles.
6. Charlie King (B.S., Economics, 1987) of King Asset Management talks to finance students about how real estate development has evolved.
7. Marketing Professor Joachim Scholz demonstrates examples of augmented reality to students in his social media class.
8. Russ Bik (B.S., Industrial Technology, 1970) talks to entrepreneurship students about leading Sun Microsystems in its early days.
9. Jeff Henley, vice chairman at Oracle Corp., shares his career path with Cal Poly finance students during an Executives in Residence visit.
10. Shari Moore (B.S., Accounting, 1989) talks with management students about her experience leading human resources in the Silicon Valley.
11. Google’s Finance Director Jim Marocco (B.S., Economics, 1994) talks to students about his career path as part of the Graduate Tax Speaker Series.
“ Learn by doing more.”
Quentin Lilly (B.S., Finance, 1983), president of Technicolor Home Entertainment Services, while addressing Cal Poly’s graduating class of fall 2014.