Giving to the Orfalea College of Business
Giving back to the Orfalea College of Business has a direct and immediate impact on Cal Poly’s next generation of business leaders. Contributions large and small are essential in fueling new programs and Learn by Doing opportunities that boost career-readiness among our students. The college also leverages philanthropic support to attract, retain and reward business’ top educators who lead in the classroom and in their industries. Your support ensures that students are learning in the best facilities and using advanced technology in step with the business environments they’ll see after graduation.
Your generosity makes the difference to each of our 3,200 students, ensuring each individual can fully participate in the Learn by Doing experience and embrace a fulfilling career.
What programs and campaigns need the most support?
- Support the Dean’s Excellence Fund
- Support the Packaging Value Chain Center
- Support the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
How can I contribute?
- Set up a recurring gift (a small gift each month via credit card via the link above)
- Support your academic area of choice (via the link above)
- Establish a scholarship or fellowship – contact Assistant Dean Mary Kelting at email@example.com
- Match your gift through your employer’s program
- Add Cal Poly to your estate plans – check out a few FAQs and contact Allie Burnett, Cal Poly’s director of planned giving
- Help your company become one of Orfalea’s Corporate Partners – contact Assistant Dean Mary Kelting at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where might my contribution be used?
- Supporting career-readiness resources, like resume workshops, mock interviews with industry professionals and etiquette lunches with recruiters
- Fueling industry-specific tours with clubs and faculty to give students a view of the professional world
- Funding student scholarships and awards
- Growing Learn by Doing senior projects like the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, Student Managed Portfolio Project, and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
- Hosting recruiting fairs tailored to specific industries
- Adapting comprehensive Student Services that help students graduate on time
- Purchasing industry-leading software and lab equipment
- Funding industry-changing faculty research
- Enabling travel to national student competitions, like the National Collegiate Sales Competition or the CFA Challenge
- Inviting Executives in Residence to campus as guest lecturers
Who should I contact?
Assistant Dean of Advancement and External Relations
Executive Assistant, Deans Office
Executive Director of Accounting Excellence
Director of Development
Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Have a general question about supporting Cal Poly or the Orfalea College of Business? Email us at email@example.com.