The exclusive Design & Business Collaboration cohort offers motivated students a chance to immediately gain an academic advantage and experience a sense of community at the Orfalea College of Business. This program will challenge students to think outside the box and utilize artistic and creative outlets to discover a new perspective on innovative business practices. Students will be immersed in the “learn by doing” culture of Cal Poly as they experience hands on group work within a lab environment.
Benefits of the Program
- Build camaraderie with other Business students, and become part of a learning community or “cohort” where mutual sharing of educational opportunities enriches their first year experience.
- Guaranteed space in impacted General Education and Business courses preferred by Orfalea College of Business students.
- Ability to take major courses in the first quarter.
- Early networking and community building with other elite Cal Poly business students.
- Guaranteed enrollment in IT 330: Issues of Packaging. This one class will fulfill two requirements within your Business Administration curriculum (major course and Area F GE course).
- Ability to learn important technical writing skills.
What are Qualifying Math Scores?
- 600 or above on the mathematics section of the COLLEGE Board SAT I Reasoning Test Level I, IC (Calculator), II, or IIC (Calculator)
- 30 or above on the American COLLEGE Testing Mathematics Test
- 3 or above on the College Board Advanced Placement Mathematics examination (AB or BC) or Statistics examination.
Note: It is important to get SAT/ACT and ALL Advanced Placement Scores to Cal Poly immediately. The university’s automated registration system verifies each student’s qualifications. Interested students will not be eligible unless one of the qualifying test scores listed above is on file in the Office of Academic Records prior to registration.
Fall Quarter Schedule
|10:00-11:00||ENGL 134-03||ENGL 134-03||ENGL 134-03||ENGL 134-03|
|12:00-1:00||ART 111-01||ART 111-01|
|1:00-2:00||ART 111-01||ART 111-01|
|2:00-3:00||IT 330 LAB|
|3:00-4:00||IT 330 LAB||IT 330 (F)*||IT 330 (F)*|
|4:00-5:00||IT 330 LAB||IT 330 (F)*||IT 330 (F)*|
|6:00-7:00||BUS 207-02||BUS 207-02|
|7:00-8:00||BUS 207-02||BUS 207-02|
*Course time is 3:10-4:30PM
Winter Quarter Suggested Courses:
Spring Quarter Suggested Courses:
D4 KINE 250
ECON 222 (D2)