Dr. Manocher Djassemi is a professor of Industrial Technology at California Polytechnic State University (Calpoly) in San Luis Obispo, California with academic degrees in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering.
Dr. Djassemi has more than 18 years of teaching experience in industrial technology with specialty in manufacturing processes, materials, computer-aided manufacturing, computer-numerical control (CNC), robotics, product realization, and facility planning. He has worked for several years as operation manager and consulting engineer in Bell Chemical Corp. (Tehran) and Netherlands Engineering Consultants (Netherland). Dr. Djassemi has managed the design and construction of automated laboratory assembly and robotics cells, as well as numerous capital equipment purchases/installation including various industrial grade CNC machines.
His research interest includes modeling of manufacturing systems using computer simulation. He has published numerous articles in the area of performance improvement of job shop, cellular manufacturing systems and composite fabrication processes for airplane production. His recent research stream involves the application of computer software tool for material/ process selection and corresponding environmental/sustainability impacts.
Since 1994, Dr. Djassemi has obtained numerous internal and external funding for his research, curriculum development, consulting and in-kind gifts from organizations such as Northrop Grumman, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) and Allen Bradley.
He has been a certified manufacturing engineer since 1997 by SME and has been affiliated with American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) and Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE).
- PhD, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1994
- MS, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1994
- BS, Industrial Engineering University of Science and Technology, Tehran 1977
- Bell Chemical Corporation, Tehran
- Netherlands Engineering Consultants
- Senior Member -- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Member -- American Society of Engineering Education
- Member -- National Association of Industrial Technology
- Murray State University Kentucky
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville