Jim has had over 30 years of executive business management experience. Jim started his career in the oil industry. Jim progressed from a Regional Manager with Ethyl Corporation’s Petroleum Chemicals Division to Director of the Product Engineering Division for The Pennzoil Company. His Product Engineering Division was responsible for the successful introduction of Pennzoil’s first synthetic lubricant, among dozens of other new product introductions. After leaving Pennzoil, Jim joined Castrol as Director of Sales and Marketing for their Specialty Synthetics Division.
In 1993, Jim became the Chief Operating Officer of CSF, Inc., an automotive parts manufacturer with plants in Asia and global marketing. In that position, Jim built the company to four times its original size in 7 years, retiring in 2000. He has, also, been a Board (Committee) Member for the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association. He has been affiliated with the Society of Automotive Engineers, the American Petroleum Institute and the Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (formerly NAIT) for which he is a Certified Technology Manager (CTM). Jim is, also, an Independent Financial Consultant (Registered Principal), in San Luis Obispo, California. He is Chairman of the Board of Invental Laboratory, Inc., a company which specializes in bringing new and innovative products to market. Jim was a Major in the US Army.
- MBA, Pepperdine University
- BS Industrial Technology, Cal Poly State University
- Executive Partners and Industrial Technology Advisory Board — Orfalea College of Business, Cal Poly
- Regional Sales Manager — Ethyl Corporation
- Director of Product Engineering — Pennzoil Company
- Director of Sales and Marketing — Castrol Specialty Products
- Chief Operating Officer — Cooling Systems and Flexibles